Translate

sábado, 1 de diciembre de 2012

Detecting functional contralateral deficits in acceleration (force) pattern in soccer players: hamstrings overload and knee pain.

We are going to see today more data from a veteran amateur player suffering from hamstrings overload (so feeling pain on the proximal insertion of his hamstrings) and also with some more pain on his knee (in this case coming from some articular problems).

After starting this issue on the last posts, I have receive quite a lot of questions about it. As I did advice then, the only thing I'm showing is just that in the cases in which I have been able to detect any short of contralateral functional deficit, there are also some relationship with different short of injuries or pain. But when colleagues and friends ask me if I'm able to detect possible future injuries, the answer is clear: NO.
But with some more time and more data, I'll try to analyze the possible relationship between triaxial accelerometer data and injury prevention. I'll keep you informed.

Enjoy,


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario